Thanks to xda-developers forum I got most of Google Apps working on Kindle Fire without rooting a device. Article on the forum keeps changing so maybe later you can find more information.
- I downloded GApps archive from link provided in the post.
- Unpacked files and copied to connected Kindle Fire download folder.
- Using ES File Explorer from installed from Amazon Appstore navigate to where I got .apk files
- First installed GoogleServicesFramework.apk and restarted device.
- Later I was trying different apps:
Maps - worked
Reader - worked
Gmail - worked
Youtube - worked
Street View - installed but there is no app icon to click. Maybe I need to launch it from Maps?
Books - worked
Google+ - worked
- I did not try Talk and Voice cause it makes no sense running it on device without camera and microphone.
- I did not try Market cause I read reports that it would require rooting to make it work
I only briefly run all this apps so there is no guarantee that somewhere down the road some functionality is not working. I have seen few error messages on the way so maybe it's not as good as it seems :-)